Settling from abroad
You are living abroad and want to (re)settle in The Netherlands. You need to register in person with the municipality within five days after arrival.
You are living abroad and want to (re)settle in The Netherlands. You need to register in person with the municipality within five days after arrival. You can only make an appointment at our Leerdam office.
Are you moving with your family? Your partner and children will also need to personally register with our municipality.
The registration is free.
You can make an appointment through the button
You can also call to make an appointment. Our phone number is 088 – 599 7000.
Documents to bring to the appointment:
- Valid id (passport of id)
- When you are not a Dutch national; the document that proves your legal residency (authorization for temporary stay (MVV) or residence permit)
- Lease agreement or written permission from the main occupant of the address
- Copy of the id of the main occupant
- Birth certificate (if possible)
- Marriage certificate, when you are married (if possible)
- Authorization for temporary stay (MVV), when you are not a Dutch citizen. Exceptions are: EU-citizens and people with a nationality which are exempt from the possession of a MVV
- Other documents that may be relevant like legal facts occurred abroad
- When coming from Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, Sint Eustatius or Sint Maarten: proof of deregistration
Only English, German en (most) French documents are accepted without a formal translation. The documents have to meet the requirements for legalisation of foreign documents. The requirements depend on the country of origin. You can read more about this on the webpage 'Legalisation of foreign documents for use in the Netherlands'.